Wedding Planning: Venue

Hello All,


So I am still working on my wedding planning.  However, I have been a bit lazy as of late.  I still need to find a location, and have only really visited one.  The main reason for my procrastination has been my discouragement  with the topic of venues.  I don't know how many of you have planned weddings, but I have to say this has been my least favorite part so far.

It is so much fun looking at pictures online, figuring out who the bridal party will be and what they will wear.  However, the location has been a major pain.  The places that are affordable are too small and really offer no services.  Other places that are beautiful and perfectly fit my vision, including services and size are so damn expensive.  Call me a miser, but I think it is ridiculousness to spend 8-10k on a venue you will only be spending 5 hours in?  Perhaps I am just really naive  about all of this and had no idea what I was getting in to.

On the plus side, I have made a list of 5 places to check out.  All are of varying prices and sizes.  So we will see what comes of it.

For now I have made myself a checklist. 
1. Make a list of 10 venues.
2. Call and make appts. to see venues.
3. Pick a venue.
4. Set a date

I have made deal with myself that I will not do any other wedding planning until I find the location and set the date!

Well that is all for now!
Have a great weekend everyone.
-Nikki

Comments

  1. Also, think about more unusual places instead of just hotels, etc. (You might have done this already!) We got married at the sculpture garden; my friend is getting married in June at the Museum of Industry. Our place was expensive, be we also got to write off some of it on our taxes because it was donating to the arts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are looking at alot of historical homes/ grounds. I think I only have one hotel on my list. Hee hee, can you tell I am not a big fan of hotels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will find something lovely. Just let me know if you want my advice on anything. Brian and I looked at a lot of hotels and golf clubs and the like before we found out we could use the backyard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loving my Pattern Collection

Going... to the chapel...

Knitting