Partridge in a Pear Tree



This year for my soon to be family I decided to make them each a little something.  What I ended up making was pears.  Now the funny thing was, when I went to Michael's they had the perfect cards.  So, I made my pears to match.

The pear ornaments are consist of felt, embroidery floss and ribbon.

Below is the template for the pieces.  Feel free to save them or print them out.  When you do print them out be sure to choose full page option so they will be the correct size.

To make the ornament, I chose 2 contrasting colors of felt and white felt. One color would be for the main part of the pear, and the other for the small circle.  The white was for the medium size circle, and the leaf.

Once I cut all the pieces out of the felt, I sewed the small circle to the larger circle.  I used a modified blanket stitch.
After that I sewed the circles to the front piece (of the pear cut out) using the same modified blanket stitch.

I then, sewed both the front and back pieces of the pear together using a blanket stitch.  
Lastly, I sewed a ribbon to the back and wah-la a pear ornament!

Some optional additions can be the leaf at the top.  I added small rhinestone to mine to give them a little sparkle.

Let me know what you think and I would love to see what others come up with for this pattern!

Happy Crafting!
Nikki




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving my Pattern Collection

Going... to the chapel...

Knitting