Jan Project


Hello All,
So if you recall in my earlier post, i made the new years resolution to make one non costume piece a month. well I am staying true to that. Here is my first piece for the month of January. I decided to start off with something simple since i was finishing up a lot of project for class.

I made an a-line skirt out of a magenta gray yellow and green plaid. It is also lined with pink fabric I had left over from a previous project. I tried to avoid the whole school girl thing. Mostly I was inspired by Tracy Turnblad from Hairspray.


The patten was drawn up by me with the help of "Sew What" a book on how to make just about any kind of skirt you could imagine. You draw up the skirt pattern based on your actual measurements.
I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I put a zipper and button on the back and managed to keep the fabric from catching even!

Another funny little thing happened. Along the side seams of the skirt the lines matched up perfectly and make a triangle pattern! I am not quite sure how i accomplished this but I am not going to argue with it.

Later I will have pictures posted of this put in an actual assemble so keep your eyes peeled for it. Also I will be posting more of my historical costumes I have been meaning to.

So let me know what you think. Would anyone be interested in tutorials? If so let me know what you wanna see!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving my Pattern Collection

Knitting

1920's Look