The clouds are parting.

Hello all,

As it says in the title, The Clouds are parting some. I can feel the spring thaw start. Today is the first day of the transition, spring is on its way. I know it is really early, but such big changes take time and have to start somewhere. I noticed today when I woke up that the sun was actually shinning in my window. There was light at 7:00am, I haven't seen that for months. Between fog, clouds and simply the time of year it felt like we had been trapped in perpetual dusk.

However, steping outside, looking up there are a multitude of changes this morning that were not there yesterday (its amazing how nature is like that). For one, the skys are clear and crystal blue, and do I dare say that there are tiny buds on the almond trees in front of my apartment.

Hmmmmm, this all has me dreaming of spring days, walks around the neighborhood, picnics, bikerides, reading outdoors in the morning with my coffee (my all time favorite activity), playing in the parks, out door concerts, barbeques. Ahhh..... it get all squishy feeling just thinking of it.

There is a point to all of this that has to do with sewing... I promise! All this beautiful springesk weather has got me thinking of my spring wordrobe and the pieces I want to make. I have already started a bit on one.

First of my Spring Wardrobe Projects!


My first project for spring is a 1950's afternoon dress for my cousins wedding in April, but it would be a great over all spring dress. It is being made out of a heavy cotton with a vintage white, cream, burgundy and mustard butterfly print. I will post pictures of the FO when I can.

Well that is all for now.
Happy Sewing!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving my Pattern Collection

Knitting

Concept Sketch: Dickens Fair 2010