Dress Updates!

Soo, I got all the rayon cut out for Kelly's Dress yesterday! Yay for me. We can officially say it has been started now. Kelly! YOU HAVE A DRESS... kinda.

Cutting out rayon was a bit of a challenge. For starters it was creased from the folding, so I had to carefully and nervously iron it all! That went well. The only issue I had was that it didn't want to stay in place and sometimes got more wrinkled then smoothed. But in the end I got it done.

Next it was pinning and cutting the fabric. Thanks for the tip about weighting the fabric. That help. If you have never cut silky/ slippery material before, then there is something you need to know. PINS PINS PINS PINS PINS PINS PINS PINS! They are a life saver. The fabric is so light that it moves almost as easily as the pattern and doesn't like to stay in place when you are cutting it. However if you do pin it down enough it will stay there for you and cause less problem.

I will have pictures up of the pieces on the dress form for you all later or tomorrow. So keep an eye out.


Happy Sewing!
Nikki

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving my Pattern Collection

Knitting

1920's Look