The countdown has begun!

Hello All,

So the countdown to Kelly's wedding has begun!  We have 5 days till the wedding.  It is going to be this Saturday afternoon.  I have been working like a mad woman to get her dress, veil and head piece.

This is what I have left to finish: Pre-Final Fitting, Final Fitting, veil and head piece.

Early last week we did the Pre-Final fitting.  I made sure that the dress fit like it should, and pinned the bottom with her wearing it.   I was terrified of this first fitting.  The reason being that this was the first time Kelly had really seen the dress pretty much finished.  I of course saw all the flaws in it but she loved it.  Even if the dress wasn't completely finished.

I had her try it on and I pinned the back to see where the corset loops would go.  I was pretty happy that when I pinned it up that it fit perfectly.  The pattern seems like it was designed for her.  I had to take a couple inches off the back to make it fit.  I was a little worried about this.  I was afraid that I would take too much off.

The hemming was another story.  I wasn't really sure how to go about it.  The skirt has godets in it and they for some reason ended up being longer than the rest of the skirt.    So i just did my best to trim them down and make it blend in to the rest of the skirt.

Now that I had the pre-fitting done, it was time to get down to the real work, pinning the whole hem line and lining as well as sewing on the corset loops.

Check back tomorrow for more wedding dress countdown!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving my Pattern Collection

Knitting

Going... to the chapel...