Monday, October 11, 2010

Concept Sketch: Dickens Fair 2010



So I went shopping on Saturday for my Dickens Fair fabric! I am so excited about starting this project. I went a bit crazy with the fabric. I spent most the summer working on a project for my wonderful friend Kelly. But I am happy to be working on a project for myself. I decided to go for less of a traditional fabric for my 1850's dress this year, and go for on that was a bit more my own personal style.

Below is the concept sketch for my dress as well as the fabric samples.


I will post more tomorrow about the patterns being used and what alterations I plan to make.

Happy sewing!
Nikki

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is amazing! When is the Dickens Fair? Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very party Snikkers. Love it and it is soooo you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw you can get a hoop skirt at bridalpetticoat.com starting at $23 and go all the way up to $75. Not too bad. And you could use it over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete