What are you thankful for? Myself, I am thankful for my health, my family, my friends, my wonderful boy, and my good fortune this year.
I know it has been forever since I last posted. I have been up to my pearls in school work and student papers. But as of right now I am on Fall Break from work. I am having fun working on my Dicken's Fair dress, cooking and catching up on school work.
My dickens fair dress is about half way done. I have most of the jacket construction done, and have the panels of the skirt sewn together. I will post pictures when I get a chance to take some.
I have also been having fun playing house wife. Tonight I baked my signiture pear, cranberry pie. This is the third year I have baked it. I have to say, I don't even need to look at the recipe anymore. If you would like to try it our I have posted the recipe below.
You will need 2 large pears
a bag of fresh cranberries
1/4 cup of flour
1 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
2 tbsp butter
2 pie crusts
2 tbsp brown sugar
Deep Dish Pie Pan
1. Cut the pears in th 1 inch chunks.
2. chop the cranberrys ( i use a blender)
3. Mix cranberries, pears, flour, sugar, nutmeg and cloves in a bowl.
4. line the pie pan with the pie crust and then put filling in the crust and put the butter on top of filling.
5. Next put the top crust on and pinch the edges, finish by putting a few slits in the top.
6. Bake at 450 covered in foil untill edges start to turn golden. Then remove foil and bake until the rest turns golden brown.